Shift/Work Hours: First shift; 40 hours
Employment Type: Direct hire
This is an in person office position.
The COST of Wisconsin Inc. team creates custom themed projects for museums, theme and water parks, aquariums, zoological exhibits, and other unique assignments. While working under limited supervision, this position is responsible for creation of 2D and 3D drawings as required for projects. This includes completion of redlines, as built drawings, and general drafting and design processes for a variety of installation methods, materials and projects.
This position may be responsible for acting as a project lead to one or more members of the project design team. Candidate must proactively communicate with colleagues and consultants while identifying cost effective solutions that meet customer requirements within the project schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works from rough sketches, schematics, and verbal instructions as well architectural and engineering AutoCAD or other formats. Utilizes and maintains company project design, documentation and submittal standards. Adheres to industry standards and codes as required. Supports and maintains company design standards. Applies advanced drafting techniques and knowledge of resolving practical fabrication problems.
- Reviews scope, defined product specifications, application and requirements for code compliance and industry means and method requirements.
- Participates in internal design review meetings as coordinated by the project managers. Participates in project turnover meetings with both sales and project team. Provides project team with all documentation, programming graphics, etc. according to company standards and project requirements.
- Participates in engineering and general design reviews as required, including coordination with receiving and completing red lines as provided.
- Develops preliminary concept designs, color presentation drawings, site development, grading plans and as built drawings as required per project.
- Prints, copies and disseminates drawings to appropriate shops and field employees as requested.
- Obtains project design information as required from vendors, owners, consultants, clients, and project leads.
- Answers questions regarding drawing specifications and provides direction to project team when acting as a project lead.
- Prepares submittal packages according to project requirements or company standards. Revises submittals as required to gain approval.
- Provides operational support during the sales phase of projects as needed.
- Travels as needed to headquarters, client meetings, job sites, etc.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Knowledge and Skill
- Customer focused with ability to maintain awareness and meet the needs of the customer within project parameters.
- Motivator who sparks employee enthusiasm while directly promoting and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Analytical thinker who logically breaks down problems and look for solutions, often working from limited information.
- Flexible to change, and able to multitask and shift project direction based on customer needs and deadlines.
- Minimum associates degree in design, architecture, or related field or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree in architecture, landscape architecture or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of previous design, field service or project management experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries preferred: themed construction, architecture, structure, or landscape architecture/design.
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Intermediate understanding of AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, and Photoshop. Knowledge in ZBrush a plus.
- Basic to moderate knowledge of CNC machinery operation, specifically programing of tool paths using MasterCAM.
- Basic knowledge of construction and construction practices.
- Understanding of dimensions, tolerances and materials.
- Previous CAD and design experience required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
- Company paid life insurance and long term disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Voluntary benefits: dental, short term disability, permanent life, term life, critical illness, and accident insurance
- Quarterly variable pay bonus
This job description is intended to provide an overview of the job and the general nature and level of work to be performed. This description is not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. COST of Wisconsin, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity workplace.