Shift: Varies; M – Th, most weeks; home most weekends
Employment Type: Direct hire; non-exempt
COST is a specialty theme construction company that creates custom projects for museums, theme and water parks, aquariums, zoological exhibits, and other unique assignments. The CDL driver will work a flexible schedule, returning home for weekends, to make scheduled pick-ups and deliveries of various types of construction equipment and materials throughout the continental United States (occasionally Canada) to the company’s work sites.
Fleet consists of late model Peterbilt trucks. ELD miles are used to determine routes and trip mile pay. Loads are company equipment and materials. Flexible schedule allows drivers to plan routes. Must be 21 years of age or older to apply. COST is not a trucking company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive OTR throughout the continental U.S. and occasionally Canada.
- Chain and tarp loads.
- Load and unload equipment as needed.
- Ensure proper truck maintenance and cleanliness.
- Maintain accurate driver/shipment logs and reports.
- Adhere to safety requirements and equipment guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Holds a valid class “A” commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Minimum two years of OTR experience.
- Clean driving history.
- Ability to pass background check, department of transportation (DOT) physical, drug screen, and credit check prior to employment.
- Experience loading and unloading product and equipment.
- Company credit card for company purchases and travel
- Company cell phone
- Hourly rates for local deliveries
- Home most weekends with flexible schedules
- Paid all miles driven including empty miles
- Company paid toll passes
- Paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Voluntary insurance: dental, short term disability, term life, critical illness, and accident insurance
- Quarterly variable pay bonus
- Use hands to handle or feel; stand; walk; climb or balance; stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Lift 70 lbs. floor to waist; lift 90 lbs. waist to chest; lift 25 lbs. chest to overhead; carry 50 lbs. over a distance of 50 ft.; push a 100 lbs. wheeled cart over a distance of 100 ft.; and drag 50 lbs. over a distance of 100 ft.
- Some exposure to production and construction environment. Noise level may be moderate to loud.
- Exposure to varying weather elements
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work that may be inherent in the occupation. COST of Wisconsin, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity workplace.