Shift: Varies; M – F; 7:00am – 3:30pm; M – Th 6:00am – 4:30pm; or T – F 6:00am – 4:30pm
Employment Type: Direct hire; non-exempt
COST is a specialty theme construction company that creates custom projects for museums, theme and water parks, aquariums, zoological exhibits, and other unique assignments. This position will perform a variety of general tasks to support ongoing projects in the production facility. Tasks may be assigned in any of the following areas: model shop, welding shop, concrete shop, fiberglass shop, artist shop, mechanic shop, and/or shipping and receiving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Check work area for hazards.
- Clean up dirt and debris in work area.
- Perform various general labor duties as assigned.
- Drive a forklift (training provided).
- Use hand and power tools (drills, saws, read a tape measure).
- Work independently and with project team.
- Adhere to safety requirements and equipment guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill
- Some high school; or a combination of education and experience.
- Read and comprehend instructions. Able to effectively communicate with other employees.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints preferred.
- Fiberglass, steel, concrete, artistic, and carpentry skills preferred.
- Paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Voluntary insurance: dental, short term disability, term life, critical illness, and accident insurance
- Quarterly variable pay bonus
- Use hands to handle or feel; stand; walk; climb or balance; stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Lift 70 lbs. floor to waist; lift 90 lbs. waist to chest; lift 25 lbs. chest to overhead; carry 50 lbs. over a distance of 50 ft.; push a 100 lbs. wheeled cart over a distance of 100 ft.; and drag 50 lbs. over a distance of 100 ft.
- Exposed to typical noises and smells associated with the production environment, such as exposure to fumes or airborne particles and production machinery. Noise level is moderate to loud.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work that may be inherent in the occupation. COST of Wisconsin, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity workplace.